How to Find The Right Crib for Your Family
There are a lot of cribs out there. If you’re a first-time parent it can get very overwhelming trying to find the right crib amongst all the other things you need to purchase for your baby. To help you a little bit, here’s a “checklist” I put together on how to find the right crib for you and your family.
Here are some things to think about:
- Find out about crib safety – very important to do this so you know what to look for in how a crib is made
- Decide on a price range – once you start looking you can always adjust it later if you can’t find anything you like
- Check the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) website for crib recalls
- Think about where you’ll be putting the crib so you can take measurements on what size crib will fit
- Make sure the spot you pick for the crib is away from windows, blinds, cords, draperies, etc.
- Decide if you want a bassinet then get a crib later when baby is order?
- Do you want a convertible crib that will grow with your baby? or do you plan on buying child themed furniture?
- What type of style do you want? Modern? Classic?
- What shape do you want? Standard? Round?
Resources for more details:
- Sign up for recall updates here: https://www.cpsc.gov/cpsclist.aspx
- Search for recalls here: http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prerel.html
- Crib safety: http://www.babycenter.com/0_how-to-buy-a-crib_432.bc
- Crib safety: http://babyproducts.about.com/od/sleepbedding/bb/BBCrib.htm
- Choosing a mattress: http://www.babyzone.com/products/baby-gear/crib-mattress_68981
- Choosing a mattress: http://www.simplybabyfurniture.com/crib-mattress-guide.html
Have tips on how your found your crib? Share them with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Rita is a weekly guest blogger here at This Lovely Home. You can usually find her blogging at Yippy Momma.